Thursday, May 31, 2012

  Over the last two years I have struggled to bring together, in a practical and personal way, zen practice and the developmental education we seek to provide at TAS. Zen training is very demanding and true masters are few and far between. I have the great fortune to study under one, and to have experienced the teaching of another directly and profoundly.
  But one thing about any all consuming study is that one looks back and sees numerous times at which everything seemed clear and wide open, and that very moment now seems a modest, blinkered resting place, severely limited and self-satisfied.
  A strict daily practice has, for me, grounded my often diffuse efforts. I hope to use this blog to illustrate how powerful the school day can be when viewed as a daily practice for the young people who come to it  every day.

No comments: